No bachelorette party or bridal shower is complete without a bit of competition, but putting together fun activities for your guests can be a time-sucker. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of our favorite Newlywed game questions – to test your answers against your partner’s and lighten the load of party planning.
This versatile question-and-answer game will keep your party guests thoroughly entertained, no matter who is in attendance. However, if you want to spice things up – and we suggest you do – we’ve given the naughtier questions their own section.
First, let’s get the rules.
How to Play the Newlywed Game
The premise of the Newlywed Game is for each partner to guess what the other’s answer is. For example, if both partners were asked who the bigger flirt is, they would guess their partner’s answer and sometimes their own. One might say, “well, she thinks I’m the bigger flirt, but it’s really her.”
Typically, partners are separated and the answers are recorded for later (when there is an audience). However, both partners can play the game in real time if they want a more personal feel – just be aware that the game will take longer.
If one partner is absent, record their answers ahead of time and quiz the other during the event. It’s especially fun to watch the absent fiance take guesses on video!
Family-Friendly Newlywed Game Questions
Sometimes your audience consists of children or in-laws, so it’s best to keep things PG. These are our favorite Newlywed game questions for a bit of clean fun. We saved the spice for later, but did throw in a few questions about the family, so read those at your own risk!
1. What is your spouse’s favorite junk food?
2. If your partner could meet any movie star, who would it be?
3. What would your spouse say if you wanted to move to another country?
4. Where did you go on your first date?
5. What is your spouse’s zodiac sign?
6. How would you describe your partner in one word?
7. Who is your spouse’s celebrity crush?
8. If you had a million dollars, what would you buy?
9. What piece of clothing does your spouse wear the most?
10. Who is the best driver?
11. How many cousins does your spouse have?
12. What is the worst date you and your spouse went on together?
13. What funny or embarrassing thing did you do in front of your partner?
14. Who is the most unusual family member on your spouse’s side?
15. What is your spouse’s favorite Christmas movie?
16. Is your partner a morning person or a night owl?
17. Who is the better cook?
18. What is your spouse’s favorite joke?
19. When was a time that your partner surprised you?
20. Who is less likely to ask for directions when lost?
21. What color does your partner think looks best on you?
22. How many kids does your spouse want, if any?
23. What does your spouse waste money on the most?
24. How would you spend it if you and your partner had an empty house for the day?
25. What is your partner’s biggest fear?
26. Does your partner need anything specific to fall asleep?
27. When did you realize that you had fallen in love with your spouse?
28. What does your spouse spend the most time doing?
29. Who would your spouse say was the “better catch” out of the two of you?
30. Name all of your spouse’s close friends.
31. Who tends to lead the relationship?
32. What is your partner’s favorite drink?
33. Is your spouse a cat person or a dog person?
34. Who initiated your first kiss?
35. What is your favorite thing about your spouse’s family?
36. How did you meet your partner?
Dirty Newlywed Game Questions
When it’s just you and the girls, you can finally get down to business and ask the real questions. Read these aloud and you’ll have a blushing bride on your hands in no time!
37. What is your favorite part of your spouse’s body?
38. Who likes to be on top?
39. What is your partner’s favorite position?
40. If you had a threesome with someone in the bridal party, who would you choose?
41. How would you describe your spouse’s sexual style in three words?
42. Describe your wedding night in three words.
43. What is your catchphrase in the bedroom?
44. How would you react if your partner sent a surprise nude pic while you were at work?
45. Does your partner enjoy roleplay, and if so, what kind?
46. What animal would your spouse be in bed?
47. Who is more dominant in the bedroom?
48. Which of your spouse’s friends is the hottest?
49. How much time does your spouse spend on oral sex?
50. What are your spouse’s kinks?
51. Who is more adventurous in bed?
52. How does your partner know you’re in the mood?
53. What does your partner wear that turns you on?
54. Where was the craziest place you “got busy” with your partner?
55. Who typically initiates intimacy?
56. What is your sexual schedule like?
57. What is your favorite thing your partner wears to bed?
58. Have you ever ripped your partner’s clothing in the bedroom?
59. What is your partner’s go-to sex move?
60. Is your partner quiet or vocal in bed?
61. Who enjoys PDA more?
62. If your partner wanted to use a sex toy, what toy would it be?
63. What’s the naughtiest fantasy you’ve acted out with your partner?
64. Name your partner’s most attractive physical feature.
65. Who is your partner’s hall pass?
66. What’s one embarrassing thing that happened when you and your partner were getting down?
67. What is your spouse’s biggest turn-on?
68. How many pairs of lingerie does your partner have?
69. How many dates did you go on before you had sex?
70. What is the sexiest thing your partner has ever done?
The Best Bachelorette Party Games for Every Bride
Party planning can be an enormous task, but with these fun Newlywed Game questions under your belt, you’re bound to entertain your guests. You can choose to keep it clean or take it up a notch, though we definitely prefer the latter.
You’ll need more than one game to make your event complete, and we’ve got you covered. Check out our favorite bachelorette party games for more party ideas, and hop on over to our website to find the best toys and lingerie for your dream wedding night. Cheers!